Meet Delegate Marvin E. Holmes, Jr.
If you live in Prince George’s County District 23B, you have likely to have heard of Delegate Marvin E. Holmes, Jr who has been a member of the Maryland House of Delegates for almost 20 years. Many define him as the “guru” of housing and real estate. Before his election to the General Assembly, Delegate Holmes has served on the Board of Directors, Economic Development Corporation. In addition, he served as advisor to the State Water Quality Advisory Committee for Washington Suburban Sanitary District (WSSC), Diversity Committee of the Greenbelt City Council and President, Watkins Park Homeowners’s Association. He is an accomplished business owner who works around the clock for his clients and constituents. His passion for making a difference in District 23-B can easily be traced back for more than two decades. Delegate Holmes was born in Cleveland Ohio and is a proud graduate of Tuskegee University with a degree in Engineering and Construction Management. He is an accomplished realtor and President & CEO of ME Holmes, LLC. His past service in the U.S. Coast Guard Search and Rescue has provided the discipline and knowledge to be passionate towards those in the district especially while we cope and adjust to the recent Pandemic COVID-19. His desire for spirituality has lead him to be a long time member of the Greater Mt. Nebo African Methodist Episcopal Church. Delegate Holmes is an avid reader and enjoys walking nature trails, sports, hunting and fishing and helping people find the perfect home especially when affordability is an issue across the nation. He is married to Maggie and they have four lovely grown daughters and his grandchildren are the joys of his life.
His leadership has been making a significant difference for the past two decades and can be visually seen when you drive around the community or just take a quick glimpse below at some of the committee appointments and you will easily see his talent and skills in action.
- Delegate Holmes was appointed as Chair of the Fire and Emergency Services Coalition in January 2018 at the request of the professional firefighters, the volunteer firefighters and the emergency medical services teams across the state of Maryland.
- He serves in this capacity simultaneously as being Chair of the Housing and Real Property Subcommittee and
- Chair of the Affordable Housing Committee within the Maryland Legislative Black Caucus, and is,
- Vice Chair of Rules and Executive Nominations Committee. He also is currently a member of,
- Joint Committee on Administrative, Executive and Legislative Review (AELR) Committee,
- The Land Use & Ethics Subcommittee; and the.
- The Maryland Veterans Caucus
He has previously served as the.
- Chair, Democratic Party Caucus,
- Deputy Majority Whip
- Chair of Natural Resources Subcommittee
- Motor Vehicles & Transportation Subcommittee,
- Co-Chair, Housing for Individuals with Disabilities Work Group,
- Member, Governor’s Commission on Housing Policy,
- Task Force on Business-Owner Compensation in Condemnation Proceedings,
- Task Force on Minority Participation in the Environmental Community,
- ask Force to Study Rent Stabilization for the Elderly in Prince George’s County,
- Task Force to Improve Child Support Compliance in Prince George’s County,
- Metropolitan Washington Air Quality Committee,
- Member, Task Force to Study Locations in Prince George’s County Best Suited for Use by State Agencies,
- Task Force to Study the Impact of Adjunct Faculty on Graduation Rates at Historically Black Institutions